Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Fluffy Mail and Square Swaps!!

One of my goals for '09 is to learn how to quilt. Well, I'm off to a good start! I just received a box of quilting feet for my machine and I've signed up for my first square swap! I'm super excited. Even more exciting? I made all 24 of my squares from scrap fabrics. No Spending! WooHoo! Now I just have to figure out what to do with the squares I receive! Feel free to leave a comment with a link to your favorite quilt pattern to tutorial...

My squares... Need to get these to the PO, Tonight!


My new feet!


Check out the new fluffy that showed up on my door step today! Can't wait to get started on some new projects! Gonna have to wait until I get home from Perryton though!


7 comments:

  1. I'm a new reader. I'm just learning to sew, so I like to see what others are making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog, you are quite talented! I will help you with your tv cabinet and you can teach me to sew like you do!! Sounds like a plan to me. Check out www.doityourselfchic.com for some fabulous appliques for your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are gorgeous prints! I'll be working on my own square swap quilt soon enough too and I love to see what everyone starts with and ends up making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did you get on a square swap? Your fabrics are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl,if you really want to learn how to quilt, get yourself over to www.youcanmakethis.com then click on the blog and Kim will teach you step by step in her Make it up as you go Quilt. She is up to step 7; but don't worry, there's plenty of time to catch up! She makes it so easy!!!! you can see what we've been doing on most anyone's blog that has the YCMT button on the side (including mine http://shellsspecialty.com) or you can go to the calendar quilt site hosted by Rachel from p.s.iquilt blog. Sorry I don't have the links right now, but that button is on my sidebar as well.
    ~Shelly~

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I started quilting I bought 'Pat Sloan's I Can't Believe I'm Quilting' book. It includes everything a newbie needs to know and some simple patterns that were easy to complete.
    Also Eleanor Burns has a line called Quilt in A Day. She sells the books, acrylic templates, and any fusible necessary for the project. Her techniques are awesome for getting a quilt done fast. I've made her Majestic Mountains quilt and it turned out beautiful and was only my second real quilt to make.
    Good luck, I'd love to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kebi. I promise to share pictures of my progress!

    ReplyDelete

Rants or Raves? Leave 'em here :)