Sunday, January 11, 2009

Delightfully Colorful

A little late posting this, but oh well. I love it when our church has pot-luck dinners... I get so excited to make new things and things that I love to eat, but wouldn't normally fix my family. Well, New Year's Eve was no different. We had tons and tons of food, and I added my fair share. I made my favorite dishes, sweet corn, okra salad, sausage balls and hug pretzels. I had seen the pretzels at a wedding I photographed this summer but forgot about them until I saw them on another blog a few weeks ago. Sure wish I could remember where though! I thought New Years would be a great excuse to make a simple, but yummy snack!! Look at how bright and colorful they are!!!

What you need:
1 pgk small pretzels
2 pks Hershey Hugs
1 lg pkg M&M's

Unwrap all hygs. Pre-heat your oven to 200. Lay pretzels out on baking sheet and place one hug in the center of each pretzel. Place in oven for 3-5 minutes - just long enough to soften the hug, you don't want to melt it. Take sheet out of oven then place one M&M on top of each softened hug and Voila - you're done (of course, they need to cool and re-harden before you can stack them!) With all of the awesome colors you can get M&M's in now, this could be very personalized for birthdays, super bowl, etc. (I'm typing all of this one-handed, so if you would like the recipe for any thing else I listed, just leave a comment and I'll get it posted!)

Enjoy!
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. These are so adorable! I am absolutely stealing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steal away... and if you can find the small square pretzels, they work even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! And I love chocolate with pretzels..I'll be making these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there anything you can't do? Those are too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Rants or Raves? Leave 'em here :)