Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marathon Sewing for the awesome MG!

So, my good friend Misty Green from MG Studios asked me to make her girls matching (coordinating)outfits for their family pictures. We started this project in JULY!!! Just about the time we finally picked out a fabric and patterns, IKE decided to pay us a visit. Once we were settled back into life I was swamped. Well, I procrastinated a bit too :) The photographer who was supposed to take their family picture had to cancel due to an ill husband - so that bought me another week or two! Well, I FINALLY got them finished up and mailed. Misty called me while she was opening the package and I was a nervous wreck... She lOVED them... until she got to Emmy's skirt... *sigh* it's only about 9000 inches too long *sigh* and it's the one I worked the hardest on :( I guess I'll rip out all my beautiful ruffles and shorten it. Seems that Misty did tell me that I was going to have to cut a bit off - but sheesh, that was in August and I didn't even starting working on them till November - I slept a bit since then :) Again, I waited till the last minute, so I don't even have good pictures - no sweat - Misty's a photographer so I know she'll hook me up *wink wink*

Anyway, here are 3 of the 4 outfits!!

-Sarah-

Miss Abby


Miss Mandy


Miss Emmy


Miss Tori's is missing but it was a super cute a-line top with ruffle decoupage jeans! I even used my automatic buttonholer for the first time - go me! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so talented! You just blow my mind! The outfits are amazing and I can't wait to get Emmy's skirt so we can do our pictures in them!
    Thanks again,
    misty

    ReplyDelete

Rants or Raves? Leave 'em here :)