Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Birdie Sling! by Amy Butler

I fell IN LOVE with the Amy Butler Birdie Sling the moment I saw it. I purchased the pattern with some of my birthday money but have not had a minute to make one! Well, at least one for myself. Aunt Karen commissioned me to make one for her daughter-in-law's baby shower! It's a great diaper bag - holds a ton but doesn't SCREAM diaper bag. Super cute and very stylish! It was difficult to pick fabric for someone that I barely know, but I went with an ultra-modern home decorator print - Chocolate brown with turquoise stripes. It turned out stunning - even if I did get very friendly with my seam ripper! I am mad at myself to procrastinating so long with this project. I finished it less than 1 hour before I was to be at the shower so the pictures were very rushed and do NOT do this beautiful bag justice. The good news? Since decorator fabric is so wide, I have enough to make myself one!!!! Yeah! Now the bad news? I can't seem to find the time!!! *sigh* someday....

-Sarah-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants or Raves? Leave 'em here :)