Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Another food creation

I was given a baby shower this past weekend by some ladies in our church - it was beautiful and I know that the little lady will feel special someday because she had a party too - even though she was our second child! I decided I wanted to give the Hostesses a gift since they went to so much troubl to make me feel special. I must admit, I didn't come up with the idea all by myself. I was a hostess for a bridal shower a few weeks ago and the bride gave all of us "Brownies in a Jar" I just took her gift and made a few changes!

The biggest change was the sugar - I spend FOREVER (actually about 2 hrs) coloring 14 cups of sugar pink. Had I used powder food coloring the process would have gone much quicker. But all I could find was liquid (event that was difficult - all you can buy at the grocery store is gel coloring!!) I loved the way the jars turned out - very neopolitian looking :)

Hobby Lobby had some super cute pink and brown fabric on the sale rack - I added the pink grosgrain ribbon and Kinkos printed the cards for me - super fast thank you gift!

Recipe Used:
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels


And printed on the attached card:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour brownie mix into large mixer bowl; stir. Add 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) melted butter or margarine, 2 large eggs, 2 tablespoons water and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; stir well. Spread into prepared baking pan. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar. Makes 2 dozen brownies.


Front View


Back View

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rants or Raves? Leave 'em here :)